Hi, in the series of healthy living tips we will discuss something very important about women health. Women have very complicated health problems in their lives. Out of them today we will through light on miserable and worst situation health condition the Vaginal Thrush. We will share some ground realities. Such condition makes life harder. An experts study reveals that about 75 percent women suffer from vaginal thrush once in their lifetime. It makes women unhappy, depressed and makes them feel dirty. It is in most simple words is a yeast infection due to Candida albicans.
Our skin contains a fungus known as Candida albicans. It may also be present in mucous layers such as vagina, mouth or rectum.
This fungus is not harmful until some vaginal changes occur. These changes include increased PH levels. An increased amount of glycogen that is not transformed into Lactic Acid by lactobacilli. Ph levels may increase due to semen, and menstrual blood secretion.
A thrush is a form of burn, a water-filled bubble that overgrow and burst on the skin in mouth on the tongue and upper mouth due to yeast infection. Yeast infection in the mouth is known as Oral Thrush. It mostly occurs in a baby in their early stage in the 1st year of their life. Their mouth filled with burns and white colored layer on tongue formed.
In Below paragraphs we will know about symptoms of vaginal Thrush, it caused, diagnostics, treatments, precautions and few home remedies of vaginal thrush.
Symptoms of vaginal thrush
Here are few symptoms of vaginal thrush that can be experienced by women.
- Pain or burn feeling while urination or during sex.
- Itching or burning feeling around that particular area. An allergy.
- A thick discharge in white color ‘cottage cheese’ evidence and fungal smell.
- Swollen and redness occur around the vaginal area.
- Splinting of the genital skin.
Diagnosis of vaginal thrush
Mostly medical specialist and doctors diagnose it with following methods.
- Examine your genitals.
- Take a swab from the affected area.
Many people argue that it a kind of sexually transmitted disease. But, the study also revealed that it is not. It is only a yeast infection. Below are few possible reason of this critical condition.
- Continuous use of Antibiotics.
- Oral contraceptive use.
- Wearing unwashed clothes.
- Pregnancy may be the cause.
- Duration Inconsistency of menstrual cycle.
- Immune system disorder, general diabetes.
- Vaginal or vulval skin conditions.
- Sometimes it is very difficult to find the possible cause of this overgrowth of yeast.
Vaginal Thrush Treatment
Finally come to the main point the vaginal thrush treatment. The main goal of treatment is to reduce the amount of yeast thus reducing the symptoms. Options that are available from your local pharmacist without a script include:
- Antifungal creams or vaginal pessaries (tablets): these are put into the vagina with a unique tool and are utilized from one to six days, contingent upon the guidelines. Periodically a moment course of treatment is required. Rehashed topical medicines (connected to the skin) may every so often cause skin aggravation.
- Fluconazole: these are called oral tablets and are placed in the mouth. These can also be swallowed. Oral tablets are costly. This treatment is sometimes not recommended. Pregnant women should go for the first one. Women that are pregnant and are taking other medications should consult with a specialist as it may cause another serious problem. Always do not take any medications prior to until the permission certified medical practitioner. Medicine is not necessary if symptoms last for short period of time i.e. a week or two.
Vaginal Thrush Home Remedies and Preventions
It is a very common rule of being healthy Prevention is better than cure. Keep yourself clean and free of germs. Women should take exterem care of their vagina. Cleaning will prevent the Candida Albicans spreading. Do not wash vagina with soap as its residues can make the yeast and burn effects on soft parts. Substituents (sorbolene) of soap are used to clean the genital.
- Say no to perfumed products as they contain acids alcohol. Perfume is dangerous to the soft skin. Read skin care tips to prevent your skin from adverse environmental effects.
- Although, Glycerin sometime is a good tonic for the skin. But, Glycerin can occasionally cause stinging. So, be aware of the percentage of glycerin. It should not be more than 10 percent.
- Dry wet skin fully with a soft cloth and apply some mustard oil to avoid dryness.
- Wear loose and soft clothes that are loose enough that are not producing friction with the body. Refrain from using others clothes.
- Change the detergents for washing clothes.
- Do not use Antiseptics such as Dettol, and, avoid the use of body sprays on vaginal areas.
Vaginal Thrush in STI
As described earlier it is not a Sexually transmitted disease. So, you may have sex. Sometimes burning or irritation may occur. Smoothness is an important part of sex and it is the oil. Mustard oil lubricant is very effective in such condition. It does not affect your male partner. A slight irritation effect may occur. Chances are very few. Baking soda, carrots, and Calendula and Chamomile are few vaginal thrush home remedies. Here is the detail.
It is a very simple and effective method to treat thrush. Take one TSP of baking soda and put in almost one liter of water. Make a mixture of these two ingredients and use it on the genitals.
Carrots are a very effective home remedy for any kind of infectious disease. Vaginal cells lack the carotene in such infection. It strengthens the muscles of vagina. One to two cups of carrots juice will greatly help in lowering the various types of yeast or Fungal infection.
Calendula and Chamomile:
Ingredients are very simple. Take 2 tablespoons of chamomile flower (dry) and calendula flower each. Mix them in 1 liter of water. Boil this mixture of about 24hours on low fire. Wash your affected parts of genitals with it. It will make you feel comfortable and lower the burn effects.
Management of recurrent thrush
Immediately contact with a qualified doctor in repeated episodes of thrush. Sex may not be the major cause of vaginal thrush. Many STIs have some similar symptoms. The doctor will examine your health condition and diagnose the actual skin-related effects. conditions that can cause thrush (such as diabetes).
We can easily find the cause this yeast infection. And, can treat it in good manners.
There is no proof to help the treatment of male accomplices of ladies who encounter thrush. Thrush episodes, while awkward, don’t cause any long haul medical problems. There is likewise no reasonable confirmation that dietary changes anticipate thrush, however, the exploration is restricted.