Why Doing Coke Might Be a Bad Idea For You?
Cocaine use is growing in the past years in the UK. There was a time when it was used as an ingredient in Coca-Cola. But, due to its destructive and additive properties, it was removed in 1903. It was then used as a psychoanalysis drug as a cure for depression, anxiety, and other physical symptoms. After the deaths of many patients and doctors who got addicted to it, it was banned. Today, it is a dangerous drug and is only administered by a doctor.
What Are the Common Reasons Why People use Cocaine?
There are a number of reasons why cocaine is so popular and why it is on the list of most people to do. But, the main reasons for cocaine use is often due to the one or more of the reasons mentioned below –
- Feel the High – Cocaine produces a quick high, and it is the top reason why people want to use it. It is especially a popular culture in the weekend party situations. It offers intense pleasure and the euphoric feeling that people might be looking for.
- To Self Medicate – Many people suffer from physical and mental conditions and want to get rid of the unwanted symptoms. Whether it is a pain due to a medical condition or wants to modify their thoughts or behavior due to mental issues that they might be experiencing.
- To Enhance Performance – Many people believe that taking cocaine can easily boost their abilities and allow them to excel in studies, at work, or even their sports activities.
- The Pressure to Fit In – Many adolescents and teenagers engage in cocaine, so fit in with their peers who might be doing the same.
Over the past few years, cocaine has become more socially accepted by people. Also, it offers a really high that can be hard not actually to like. In addition, they have become easily available.
What Makes Cocaine So Addictive?
Cocaine is one of the most addictive drugs out there. Even then, many people will want to try it once in their lifetime. It is quite common for people who try it once to continue using it until it becomes more of a regular thing for them. But, addiction to the coke can also vary from people to people depending on their tolerance to them. Some of the factors that might impact the tolerance to cocaine are –
- Childhood experiences
- Previous history of drug use
- Past trauma
- Social relationships
- Easy access to drugs
- Socioeconomic status
At the start of cocaine abuse, people start to become tolerant of it. It leads to greater use of the drug to get the same rewarding feeling. The only way to get rid of the addiction is by going to a rehab center.
What are the Signs that You Might be Addicted to Cocaine?
Most people think that it is only when they overdose on cocaine, that they should seek professional help. So, how do you know if you need help with cocaine addiction? You might experience withdrawal symptoms such as a craving for drugs, depression, aggression, and even anxiety when you are not on cocaine. You might even withdraw from spending time with your loved ones and not do things that you loved before.
Irrespective of the stage you are in cocaine addiction, it is never too late to get the help you need from professionals. You can also consider rehab, where you can get all the services you might need to help overcome your addiction.