Dental Implants: A Permanent Solution for Missing Teeth
Losing a tooth not only affects your smile but also your confidence. That’s why people with a broken or missing tooth want to fix it quickly. Dental implants are a common solution for missing teeth today. You can talk to Alpine Dental Center to get implants done. Because implants are a permanent solution to the missing tooth problem, and they also look just like your real teeth, you can’t tell the difference. Even just one implant can make a big difference in your life. We’re not exaggerating! Keep reading to learn more about dental implants, and you’ll be able to make a smart decision for yourself.
What are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are like new teeth that have a special fake root made from titanium. This root goes into your jawbone and holds up the new tooth on top. This is very different from dentures, which don’t have a fake root. Also, unlike bridges, implants don’t need help from the teeth around them to stay in place.
Uses of Dental Implants
Below given is the curated list of the uses of dental implants-
- They can replace one or more missing teeth.
- They help keep dentures in place. So, dentures fit better and stay secure.
- Dental implants can also help support bridges, which means you might not need a removable partial denture anymore.
Now, before starting any treatment, the dentist checks your mouth carefully to make a plan for the implants. Here are some things about dental implants:
- One Tooth Implant: For one missing tooth, implants work great. They act like roots, keeping your jawbone strong. This also helps keep your other teeth in place and your smile looking natural. You don’t need help from nearby teeth, so your smile stays real.
- Multiple Tooth Implants or Snap-In Dentures: It takes more time than dentures, but you can get implants for many or all your teeth. If you’re replacing all your teeth, you can use implant-supported dentures. These are like “snap-in dentures” and make sure your dentures stay comfy and in place. Dental implants can stay good for over 20 years if you take care of them. Dentists get extra training to be really good at this process.
Deciding to get dental implants is a big choice, but they usually work well and make many people happy. It’s cool that we now have a way to replace teeth permanently because lots of people have lost teeth. With this option, you don’t have to feel uncomfortable or insecure about missing teeth. Talk to your dentist about if implants are good for you and how to stay healthy before and after the surgery. This way, you’ll have a good result!